Tis the season for engagement sessions! I often have brides ask me for ideas of what to wear for the engagement session, so I thought I would put together some of my favorite and must-have items that add a little individuality to the photographs.
1. A fun, flirty dress that makes you feel like a million bucks. Dresses always add a little romance, plus, it gives you an excuse to twirl around. Here's a pretty one from modcloth.com. (And if dresses just aren't your thing, break out your favorite sassy jeans.)
2. A pretty headband adds whimsy and flare no matter what your hair type. Check out Etsy for many styles, or the one shown here from BeSomethingNew.
3. Umbrellas save the day when raindrops come. Doesn't hurt if you get a super cute one like this one from Target.
4. A pretty pair of shoes can make your outfit pop. They're also a great way show off your unique style. These purple beauties are from zappos.com. Note: If you're planning to wear super-high stilettos, you might want to bring a second pair of shoes to the shoot. (Leave the dirty flip flops at home.)
5. I love chunky, bold jewelry. It adds color and personality to any outfit. Added bonus if it's vintage like these beads from SmittenVintage.
6. Whenever you're planning to have your photo taken, apply your makeup a hint more boldly than your regular daily application... but don't overdo it. If you're not confident in your makeup skills, ask a competant friend or better yet, have it done professionally before the shoot. (In either case, be sure to do a practice run beforehand.)
7. What's cooler than a pair of glamorous shades? If sunglasses are a part of your signature style, bring them along for a few shots. This pair was found at oldnavy.com.
8. In Minnesota, it's jacket weather about 9 months out of the year. So if your shoot doesn't happen to fall on the warmest of days, a favorite tailored jacket can add some style (and warmth!) to your outfit. (We MN girls have to find ways to be stylish in the cold months too!) Here's a bold red jacket from modcloth.com.
9. Add a little mystery with a hat. (Especially great if you didn't get in to touch up those roots!) Love this fedora from Anthropologie.
10. Manicure those nails! Make an appointment at the salon and pamper yourself before the session, or just give them a good clean and file at home. It's a good idea for an engaged woman have well groomed hands and nails... since everyone is always wanting to check out that ring!